Application and selection
Are you a circus, dance and / or theater artist who is at the start, or at a turning point of their artistic career, and do you have a demonstrable connection with Tilburg? Do you feel like becoming part of our group of artists?
PROJECTS AND RESIDENCES
During a residency at Makershuis Tilburg you will start with a clearly defined research question about your development as an artist (or a project), within a short time frame of 5 to 10 working days. Makershuis Tilburg provides you with a fee, space and possibly an opportunity to present your work. Click here to check who preceded you and what questions they asked.
Long-term talent development programs take 1 to 2 years. Within this process you will tackle bigger questions than during the residency. You will develop into an artist with a clear profile and vision of the future, and a knowledge of how to put this into practice.
Makershuis Tilburg offers space, work budget, a fee, presentation options and guidance in business and artistic areas. Do you want to know who our artists are and what their processes look like? click here
1. If we think that your research suits the Makershuis, we invite you for an interview. This conversation can take place at any time of the year.
2. In this conversation with our executive coordinator; Sandra Smits we will aim to clearly define your research question.
3. This question, together with a report of the conversation, an impression of your work and a list of your goals, will be presented to five artistic representatives of the partner organisations, our editorial board. This editorial board meets twice a year, in May and in November.
4. After this meeting you will hear whether there is a place for you in one of Makershuis Tilburg’s short-term residence or long-term development programmes.
5. If so, we invite you to meet the entire editorial board to jointly determine the correct route that can answer your question.
If not, you will receive an email with our feedback.
STICHTING MAKERSHUIS TILBURG
Willem II Straat 49
5038 BD Tilburg
Boardmembers: Nicolle van Lith (chair), Wim van Stam (treasurer), Maurice Dujardin (secretary), Sophie Lambo, Rob van Steen, Marc Eysink Smeets
Sandra Smits (executive coordinator),
Adeline Willems (producer)
DANK AAN ONZE HELPENDE HANDEN
FolLOW Makershuis Tilburg
Stay informed of all new artists, events and other special initiatives.